You can buy and claim online, even after you’ve left home. Travel insurance from WorldNomads.com is available to people from over 130 countries. It’s designed for adventurous travelers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities.
If you’re planning a surf holiday, travel insurance is a smart thing to consider.
While you can always plan and hope for the best, things can go wrong. When you’re far away from home, it’s best to be a well prepared for worst-case scenarios as possible.
Travel insurance designed for surfers and adventurers is a smart way to protect yourself when your travel and partake in potentially risky activities.
About WorldNomads.com Travel Insurance
- Trusted reliable underwriters
WorldNomads.com is backed by a suite of strong, secure, specialist travel insurers who provide you with great cover, 24 hour emergency assistance and the highest levels of support and claims management when you need it most.
- Value for money with the cover you need
WorldNomads.com provides cover for what’s important for travelers from over 130 countries. By focusing on what you need and leaving out what you don’t, World Nomads prices are some of the most competitive online.
- Flexibility when you need it most
Had a change of plans? You can buy more cover or claim online while you are still away. You can even buy a World Nomads policy if you’re already travelling.
- Cover for a range of adventure activities
From skiing & snowboarding in New Zealand to whitewater rafting in Colorado, WorldNomads.com covers a range of adventure activities, giving you peace of mind to get the most from your travels.
- World Nomads keeps you travelling safely
All WorldNomads.com members have access to up-to-date travel safety alerts, as well as travel safety advice and tips online through the World Nomads Travel Safety Hub.
- More than just great value travel insurance
All WorldNomads.com members can learn the local lingo through a series of iPod & iPhone Language Guides and can stay in touch with family and friends with an online travel journal.
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
We want to make sure you get the most from WorldNomads.com. You can find out more about why travel insurance is important for your trip. If you have any questions about your travel insurance or travel safety in general, please contact WorldNomads.com directly.
Why buy travel insurance from World Nomads.com?
- Backed by specialist insurers and global assistance partners.
- Buy Online, even if you’ve already left home.
- Buy more cover and claim online while travelling.
- Covers a range of adventure sports and activities.
- Give a little back and support a community development project.
What to look for in travel insurance for a surf vacation?
For surf travelers, the most important thing to look for is a policy that is built around surfing and adventurous activities.
If you’re not careful, you could wind up with a policy that doesn’t cover you because you’ve had an accident due to surfing! Don’t get those ones.
Aside from the actual coverage here are some other things to look for in a policy:
- Online claim management.
- Ability to make changes to your policy based on changes to your trip.
What’s covered by surf travel insurance?
Obviously, you’ll need to look into the specific details of the policies you compare, but some of the things that a surf travel insurance policy covers may include:
- Emergency medical treatment.
- Emergency evacuation and transport.
- Emergency dental procedures.
- Stolen, delayed or lost baggage and gear.
- Delayed or cancelled trips.
- Rental car damage.
The full extent of your coverage will depend on your country of origin, your destination, and the circumstances of the event.
How does travel insurance work?
In most cases, you’ll need to pay the costs upfront and then file a claim to be reimbursed.
How much does travel insurance cost?
The total cost of your policy will vary depending on:
- Your personal details and demographics.
- The details of your trip.
- Where you’ll be traveling.
- The duration of your trip.
- The level of coverage you choose.
You’ll need to get a quote to determine your specific costs, but in general, a travel insurance policy can range from about $50 to $200 for a week long trip.
Tips for Using Your Travel Insurance Benefits
Before you depart for your trip, it’s a good idea to get familiar with your travel insurance policy, benefits, and claim process.
First, before you buy the policy, you should know exactly what it will and will not cover.
Next, you should make sure you have quick and easy access to:
- The numbers, email addresses, or websites you need to call for emergency services.
- The process for submitting and managing your claim.
- An emergency contact or fellow traveler who is familiar with your coverage and can help you in case of an emergency.
All of the information provided about travel insurance is a brief summary only. It does not include all terms, conditions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions of the travel insurance plans described. Coverage may not be available for residents of all countries, states or provinces. Please carefully read your policy wording for a full description of coverage.